Here are a few pointers about the role of a Fire Marshal and Fire Coordinator:
Fire Marshal or Fire Warden - Daily Duties
A Fire Warden’s daily duties may include checking that:
- Exit doors are available for use, unlocked and unobstructed.
- Escape routes are clear of storage and combustible materials.
- Fire extinguishers are in position with seals in place.
- Fire safety signs are in position.
- Fire alarm call points are unobstructed.
- Fire-resisting doors are closed and functioning properly.
- Any malfunction of the weekly fire alarm test is reported.
- Any person with a disability who may need help to evacuate is facilitated.
- Any faults on the emergency lighting are reported.
Fire Wardens – Duties in an Emergency
For further details on the duties of a fire warden, or any further help or advice in any fire safety matters, please call on 01246 434 314.