I came across the film below, from Avon Fire and Rescue, which shows the importance of making sure that cigarettes are stubbed out correctly.
Within 3 minutes of this cigarette being badly stubbed out, the leaves in the plant pot started to smoulder. An hour late the pot bust into flames.
Firefighters were called out in time and no injuries resulted, however this could have led to a serious fire.
This film is aimed students in halls of residence.
Fire safety for employees should include safety surrounding smoking in the work place. For further help and advice call Fire Safety Specialists Ltd on 01246434 314.